1. Who are you and what are you working on right now? (2 questions in 1, I know!)
James Hudnall and I’m writing “Blue Cat”, a new series for Aces Weekly with the great Val Mayerik on art
2. What drew you to digital comics?
I’ve always felt that was the future as print is very costly and limited in scope. The cost of producing and distributing print comics is becoming too unsustainable for the industry to rely on at present.
3. Webcomics or digital comics?
Digital. Web comics are comics on websites but the fact is, digital comics are what most people will read. They will download their comics and read them on their device of choice. Not necessarily right off the internet.
4. What do you think works with digital comics?
The colors are more accurate, the ability to add interactivity to them, sound and animation even, gives them more power. I also like working in landscape over portrait.
5. Can digital comics replace print comics?
You mean Will they and the answer is yes. Comics will stay in print but mainly as collectable versions. People will still want physical copies of things, but I suspect trades will be more common than the old pamphlet style
6. How can print comics work with digital comics?
As collectable editions or promotional giveaways
7. What don’t you like about digital comics?
I hate to see comics stores be hurt the eventual switch over but change is a part of life. Hopefully they can make it as collectable and book stores
8. What digital comics/webcomics do you read?
Currently Aces Weekly and Madefire comics, but I get most of my comics digitally now. So whatever comics I like that are digitally available, I just download themfrom a digital shop
9. Where do you see digital comics going from here?
They will make things a lot better for comics by being available to the world and we wont be limited in our access to teh public at large like we were before when they were bound to destination stores.
10. Who do you think we should look out for in digital comics?
Besides Blue Cat? 🙂 All the good stuff will be digital. If you haven’t tried it yet, what are you waiting for?
“10 Questions With” is to be a interview session with digital comics creators – there’s a lot of great people I’ve got lined up and I hope you enjoy seeing what the creators are interested in.