Here’s a new idea coming to a tablet near you!
Symbolia is a tablet magazine of illustrated journalism that pairs incendiary reporting with thoughtful illustration and comics. Our goal is to provide an immersive, engaging experience for a new generation of newshounds.
Another excellent idea combining the mediums – I shall watch with interest!
And we are so excited to share it with you. Symbolia mixes the best of comics art with thoughtful journalism from around the world.
Here’s how to get your mitts on our preview issue today:
- Own an iPad? Then get our flagship iPad app, featuring audio, animation, and interactive infographics.
- No tablet? No sweat! Symbolia also has a PDF edition that can be read on any device. Subscribe to the PDF version, or download our free preview issue.
The Details: Symbolia is a bi-monthly digital magazine dedicated to incendiary storytelling from around the world. We’re merging longform journalism and sequential art to create an entirely new digital news experience. Subscriptions are $11.99 for 6 issues, and single issues will be available for $2.99 a pop. Our preview issue is free, and comes with any subscription.
Symbolia’s preview issue features incredible stories from around the globe, including:
- Susie Cagle’s thoughtful exploration of California’s Salton Sea.
- A look at life in Iraqi Kurdistan by Sarah Glidden.
- Kat Fajardo and Audrey Quinn on evolution and a fish called “The White Man’s Office” in the Lower Congo River.
- The bold history of Zambian Psychadelic Rock, by Chris A. Smith and Damien Scogin.
- Andy Warner and Lauren Sommer tour the millions of microflora in our guts.
Coming soon! Ebook editions of our preview issue in the Amazon, Nook, and Google Play stores will be available shortly. We’ll also be building apps for Android and Kindle tablets in the months to come. Sign up for our mailing list and be among the first to know when these products are available.