Last weekend I attended the London Super Comic Con.
Now in it’s second year it’s bigger than last year and didn’t seem to suffer from the lack of Stan Lee.
With professionals like Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie (who signed my brothers Phonogram), David Lloyd and the rest of the team from Aces Weekly. Also there was Barry from Geek Syndicate who is always nice to see.
I was lucky enough to meet Si Spurrier on the Avatar stand, as he was a pleasure to talk to – signing my Crossed Annual and helping me stop my daughter from reading any of the Crossed titles on the stand. Also at Avatar was Paul Duffield who signed a Freakangels print for me!
My daughter got a limited edition art print of Doctor Who signed by Josh Adams.
In addition to many UK companies, Boom Studios and Zenescope were also in attendance and they seemed to be doing well.
I also managed to get a copy of Judge Dredd: Origins signed by John Wagner!
Other highlights included:
- International Aces who have a brilliant looking selection of graphic novels based around World War I pilots – you can check them out here
- Cartoon Classroom who I’ve seen many times and have some excellent creators involved!
- VS Comics – who I have spotlighted here
- The Cartoon Museum, who I may be visiting in the holidays!
- And last, but by no means least – Destiny Blue – who my daughter enjoyed chatting to, showing her work. A very talented artist who’s work can be found here
In all an excellent weekend out and I’m looking forward to next year!