Panel Nine presents VerityFair, the acclaimed graphic novel from the brilliant Terry Wiley. A slightly twisted soap opera with the merest dash of X-Files, VerityFair tells the story of Verity Bourneville, a 40-something semi-talented actress and full-time extrovert, in her quest for success and a good night’s sleep.
This app collects together almost 100 pages of comics comprising the whole of VerityFair Part 1 – Chapters 1, 2 and 3 published between May 2010 and November 2011. Almost every comics page has audio commentary recorded by Terry Wiley exclusively for the app. VerityFair Part 1 is supplemented by a whole host of extras including sketches and artwork, seven strips and stories including Sleaze Castle and Surreal School Stories, and an exclusive interview with Terry Wiley.
This stunning app for the iPad includes the following special features:
• Introductory notes to each extra comic strip and piece of artwork, written by the artist
• Beautiful high-quality digital images, with a specially-designed user interface that gives you fast, smooth swiping from page to page and flawless pixel-per-second movement
• Audio commentaries on over 80 pages, recorded by Terry Wiley exclusively for this app
• Panel Mode where you can double-tap on comics pages to view them panel by panel
• Visual contents and bookmarks that let you view thumbnails of all pages and navigate quickly and easily
Terry Wiley is the artist behind Sleaze Castle and is the best British comics artist you may never have heard of. With a tight-knit and dedicated group of admirers from within the comics community and others in the know, Terry has been described as “an unheralded star”, “astonishingly brilliant”, and the creator of “magnificent, funny, perfect comics”.