Volume 2 of the excellent Destiny, NY is now on Kickstarter
New York, NY (August 29, 2017) – Space Between Entertainment is excited to announce that the second volume of flagship title DESTINY, NY has launched on Kickstarter.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2016, Space Between Entertainment released the first volume of Destiny, NY to positive reviews. The series, which focuses on former magical girl Logan McBride attempting to live a normal life in her late twenties, was described by Comicsverse as “the perfect start to a beautiful, powerful series about two magical ladies in love” and by Word of the Nerd as “the queer magical comic of your wildest dreams.” With this second volume, writer and co-creator Pat Shand (Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Vampire Emmy) continues the story of Logan and her girlfriend Lilith, a troubled woman from a broken mystical crime family.
Rosi Kämpe (Extraordinary X-Men, Unknown Lands) joins Destiny, NY as the new series artist, but she isn’t alone. Space Between Entertainment has recruited a list of the industry’s top talents, along with content creators from other media who are entering into the world of comics for the first time. In addition to a 160-page story from Shand and Kämpe, there will be featured short comics by:
• JENNY OWEN YOUNGS (singer-songwriter, co-host of Buffering the Vampire Slayer), KRISTIN RUSSO (Everyone is Gay, co-host of Buffering the Vampire Slayer), MEGAN LEVENS (Spell on Wheels, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
• ERICA SCHULTZ (Charmed, Hawkgirl), NATASHA ALTERICI (Heathen)
• VITA AYALA (Batman Beyond, Suicide Squad), FABIAN LELAY (Jade Street Protection Services)
• LAUREN REILLY (actress & vlogger), EVE MAE (The Westwood Witches)
• EMILY REE (Anarchy Dreamers)
• AMY SHAND (Clonsters) and LISA STERLE (Long Lost)
• BRIAN COGAN (The Encyclopedia of Punk) and Eisner-nominated artist CLAUDIA AGUIRRE (Kim & Kim)
• KATIE KUFFEL (singer/songwriter) and original series artist MANUEL PREITANO
• As well as artwork and other content by VERONICA FISH (Archie, Slam), SINA GRACE (Iceman, Self-Obsessed), TAYLOR KRULICKI (Sad Girls Guide), VANESSA CARDINALI (Clonsters), MICHELLE LOCKAMY (Infected by Art, Cred Philly), VALENTINA PINTO (Ghostbusters), and more…
The Kickstarter campaign launches today with a goal of $20,000. Space Between Entertainment offers a host of rewards, including:
• The graphic novel itself, in both print and digital forms.
• Volume One and Two, for those who missed the first campaign.
• Kickstarter exclusive art prints.
• DESTINY, NY t-shirts.
• An appearance in the comic.
• Art/script portfolio reviews by Shannon Lee and Pat Shand.
• Commissions by Manuel Preitano.
• Much more
The Kickstarter campaign is live at: https://www.kickstarter.
Follow Space Between Entertainment online at @SpaceBetweenEnt on all social media platforms.