Arrow Season 2.5, which debuted Monday, will alternate weeks with The Flash: Season Zero. Set between the second and third seasons of the hit television series, Arrow is penned by executive producer Marc Guggenheim and staff writer Keto Shimizu, and illustrated by Joe Bennett and Jack Jadson. The Flash: Season Zero, meanwhile, takes place between the of the pilot and the second episode, and is written by Andrew Kreisberg, Brooke Eikmeier and Katherine Walczak, with art by Phil Hester and Eric Gapstur.
“Season 3 [of Arrow] is designed to stand on its own feet without requiring anyone to do any outside reading,” Guggenheim recently told The Hollywood Reporter. “But what the comic book will give is a deeper appreciation for some of the moments [in the show] and a more complete narrative . If you want to go deeper into the story, that’s what Season 2.5 is for.”
Launched last month, Sensation Comics is an anthology series telling Wonder Woman stories set outside DC’s New 52 continuity, with contributions by the likes of Gail Simone, Ethan Van Sciver, Cat Staggs, Cecil Castellucci, Caitlin Kittredge, James Tynion IV, Georges Jeanty and Chris Sprouse. The first issue was released in print Aug. 20.
Here’s the new release schedule:
- Sunday: Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse
- Monday: Arrow: Season 2.5 and The Flash: Season Zero (alternating weekly)
- Tuesday: Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Wednesday: Batman ’66 and Batman ’66 Meets the Green Hornet (alternating weekly)
- Thursday: Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman
- Friday: Smallville: Season 11 — Continuity
- Saturday: Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga and Batman Beyond 2.0