10 Question with Teresa G. Arranz – from the new digital comics app – The Comics Level
- Who are you and what are you working on right now? (2 questions in 1, I know!) I’m project manager in “The Comics level”, the Digital Comics project by Ilion Animation Studios. I decide on issues that affect the project at any level, from art direction to technology or marketing.
- What drew you to digital comics?
I come from a long career in the world of 2D and 3D animation as an animator and video game world as concept artist. I guess all coupled with a passion for comics since I was a child is the logical evolution that touches all aspects within the world art that interest me.
- Webcomics or digital comics?
- What do you think works with digital comics?
I think it’s fantastic. You can simulate textures of traditional drawing with a higher level of creativity. Animation, interactivity, animatic … no limit. It is also an advantage to make variations of the same work.
- Can digital comics replace print comics?
Not now. Printed comics have a nice vintage look that digital comics as of today can’t reproduce. Perhaps in the future we can do it.
- How can print comics work with digital comics?
We currently do not compete with each other. Coexist in harmony as differentiated products with common root.
- What don’t you like about digital comics?
- What digital comics/webcomics do you read?
I read all that I can. I prefer those that are not a standard or have something different from others. In script or drawing …Alan Moore, Frank Miller…
- Where do you see digital comics going from here?
It will become a product for any age with a very high degree of interactivity and user experience.
- Who do you think we should look out for in digital comics?
Digital comic platforms that are emerging as ComiXology, Madefire, Thrillbent…and, of course, you should look out for The Comics Level too!