- Who are you and what are you working on right now? (2 questions in 1, I know!)
My name is Neil Gibson and I am a comic book publisher. Right now I am working on several titles, Twisted Dark vol 7, Theatrics, Trickster (co-written with Conor McCreery) and Turncoat (written by Ryan O’Sullivan)
- What drew you to digital comics?
Mostly the ease of distribution. It can instantly be accessed by millions of people
- Webcomics or digital comics?
Hmm. I prefer digital comics, mostly for the convenience.
- What do you think works with digital comics?
Again it is the ease of distribution and storage. You can easily buy comics and carry them with you which is much harder with print, but then you lack some of the sensory input (touch and smell) of dealing with a real book.
- Can digital comics replace print comics?
No. Some people (especially younger ones) prefer digital, but some people will always prefer print. In the same way that music is now mostly digital, there are still loads of analogue fans who will never die.
- How can print comics work with digital comics?
Absolutely . I know several people buy digital first and if they really enjoy the content, they buy the print version for their shelf.
- What don’t you like about digital comics?
The reading experience is never the same
- What digital comics/webcomics do you read?
The Oatmeal, Demon, JL8 and Irredeemable
- Where do you see digital comics going from here?
Honestly I see Comixology being phased out and replaced with Kindle comics. I also see the technology expand to create new ways of consuming (like digital comics and 3D comics. How popular these new mediums will be remain to be seen.
- Who do you think we should look out for in digital comics?
Why myself of course! Jokes aside, I really liked Demon. You should check it out.