10 years after the Vampire war, Transylvania is yet again under threat from Count Dracula. As General Van Helsing hunts down the Count, two weary circus performers stumble on to a secret that could change everything.
Coming from a love of old monster movies, James McCulloch and Jonny Cannon come together to take the classic characters, Count Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, the Wolfman and Van Helsing on a new adventure.
Writer: James McCulloch
Artist: Jonny Cannon
Cover Artists: Jonny Cannon, Gavin Boyle
Letters: Robin Jones
Editor: Pete Genepool
There’s a lot squeezed into this first issue. With the war against Dracula finished, there are those who think there is now peace. Of course, there are also those who wish to use it to their advantage too. This is where we find ourselves!
Van Helsing is a ‘retired’ general, still on the look ot for Dracula, and also ever aware of threats to the kingdom. The worse does happen and Van Helsing leaps into action – but is he going the wrong way?
We also get introduced to two new characters – circus performers, who seem to have a handle on the real threat to the kingdom….
We are wanting them to meet, but this doesn’t happen here, but the threat is real, and Van Helsing may ruin it in his misguided quest!
As I mentioned, there is quite a lot in this first issue, the status quo, the threat and the characters, but they all fit together nicely, and I’m looking forward to seeing where this all goes. I can see the pace slowing slightly in the second issue. The artwork is excellent and fits the story really well, again – a lot being squeezed in!
This is a good read, and a special mention to the front cover!
You can read and buy Transylvanian Knights on ComicHaus
What is the App?
The Comichaus App is an app that is dedicated to indie comics. For a subscription fee of £3 a month (£30 a year) you can:
* Get access to stream and discover all the indie comics in our catalogue
* Save as many of the comic books offline as your device storage will allow
* Search by title, creator, genre and publisher
* Discover more about creators
* Support creators – 50% of advert and subscription revenue will be split with creators based on how many times their books are read
Will it work on my device?
The Comichaus App will work on Apple/iOS devices listed here, and Android/Amazon handsets and tablets running android version 4.4 and above.
Why is it a Subscription fee AND Adverts?
We wanted to create a model that was beneficial to the creators/publishers and one that would also be self sustaining. The adverts on the app are non intrusive but will mean we can generate income to go back to the creators and publishers, whilst also covering the running costs of the app itself. Members can opt for the £5 a month ‘No Ads’ subscription if they wish
Can I get my content on the App?
Anyone can contribute to the Comichaus database. Whether you want to add/amend data on your favourite mainstream books – or you are an indie creator/publisher wanting to add your own
For any new additions simply go to the top right hand corner of this page and click ‘add to database’. Once this database listing is approved your comic book can be uploaded to the Comichaus App. Help page here!
If you have any queries regarding your content and
acceptablility please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy
Newest updates to App include:
– Added skim – functionality to easily navigate comics
– Improved the Browse section experience
– Expanded Dashboard section content
– Bug fixes and general improvements
1. Download the App
2. Log in to your comichaus.com account, or if it is your first time create a new account
3. You get 14 days Free when you first use the app, once that runs out…..
3.On your dashboard menu select ‘App’ and then ‘Manage Subscription’ or click this link
4. Subscribe or Enter you code if you have one
5. If you have another code you can use it when this one runs out