10 Questions with Josh – responsible for the webcomics on Mushface Comics!
- Who are you and what are you working on right now? (2 questions in 1, I know!)
My name is Josh Rodgers and I’m the jerk that’s responsible for http://www.mushfacecomics.com
There you’ll find a bunch of nutty short comics such as Slaughter Lake, Captain Mushface, and Henry vs The Reptilian Overlords of the Cosmos (that have his bunny.)
- What drew you to digital comics?
I wasn’t getting any calls to work on mainstream comics anytime soon so I thought I’d give it a go on my own. Working my ass off on my own stuff has given me a new appreciation for independent art and the medium in general. It’s also made me a curmudgeon and extremely isolated. This is a cry for help!
- Webcomics or digital comics?
Either or. More importantly it should be the overall quality of the work over the ‘title.’ We get too caught up in trying to categorize everything. Just like what ya like, and get some tattoos while you’re at it!
- What do you think works with digital comics?
Great stories and great art will always win out.
- Can digital comics replace print comics?
Not anytime soon. At least not until the market is figured out better and the current few generations of readers die off. I mean everything will eventually be replaced with digital stuff, even us! Gotta get used to the idea of eating pixels.
- How can print comics work with digital comics?
I’m not sure. I think one hand washes the other in this case, you know? It’s all personal preference and cross promotion and what-nots.
- What don’t you like about digital comics?
I hate how hard it is to get your stuff seen and read. People don’t like to read long form stuff on a computer, so it’s a challenge to get them to start. The competition is pretty fierce but that can also be a good thing…. huh…
- What digital comics/webcomics do you read?
I really enjoy Superpub. It’s Cheers but with super heroes. http://superpubcomic.com/
- Where do you see digital comics going from here?
Oh man, if I knew that I’d actually have a ‘career-path’ or a ‘future!’ Truth is I have no idea where they’ll end up. I only hope they can still gather an audience and be somewhat in demand.
- Who do you think we should look out for in digital comics?
Seven monkeys on typewriters and one that does the drawing. Way of the future!