ICv2 have made some further announcements for their upcoming conference regarding comics and digital comics at the New York Comic-Con!
The conference is Oct 7th and I wish I could go!
Joining IDW Publishing CEO Ted Adams, Graphic.ly CEO Micah Baldwin, iVerse CEO Michael Murphey, Panelfly CEO Wade Slitkin, CEO of Panelfly, ComiXology CEO David Steinberger,Â Publisher’s Weekly Senior News Editor Calvin Reid, and ICv2 CEO Milton Griepp will be the following:
- BOOM! Studios CCO Mark Waid, who just gave a controversial presentation on the digital landscape at the Harvey Awards ceremony.
- Marvel’s SVP-Sales and Marketing David Gabriel, uniquely qualified to look at the print vs. digital landscape.
- OverDrive’s Lindsey Levinsohn, MLIS, who can speak to the growing digital presence for graphic novels in libraries.
- Bitway’s Masaaki Shimizu, who’s spearheading Bitway’s move into the U.S. digital manga market (Bitway is a major purveyor of cellphone manga in Japan).
- Dave Baxter of Robot Comics and agency Killing the Grizzly, to discuss the digital impact on comics creation.
- Alex de Campi, director and the writer ofÂ Valentine, which takes a unique approach to comics creation for digital devices.
- Long Island retailer John Riley, who’s seeing first hand in his store the impact of digital content on sales.
- Eric Beaulieu, who runs Transcontinental Printing’s transmedia operations.
The Beat’s Heidi MacDonald, who will moderate the newly added panel on Digital and Creativity.