- Who are you and what are you working on right now? (2 questions in 1, I know!)
Hi, my names Gibson and I self- publish an all ages comic book called Lloyd and the Bear!
Currently I’m busy juggling a few different projects with updating issue #7 of my book, writing issue #15 of the book and also working on some new bear related parody prints for upcoming conventions!
- What drew you to digital comics?
The fantastic opportunity to get my book out to a global audience through Comixology Submit.
- Webcomics or digital comics?
I started out working on webcomics but now moved to the digital platform due to Comixology. They both certainly have their place in the industry though.
- What do you think works with digital comics?
For me it’s the portability of having my books with me no matter where I am plus not having to climb over a mountain of comic boxes to get to my computer! Much love for digital storage over physical when living in a small apartment!
- Can digital comics replace print comics?
I wouldn’t think so as there is something rather awesome about holding a comic in your hands plus where would we be without a weekly trip to the comic book ?
- How can print comics work with digital comics?
I see them as two different entities but personally I would like it that when I bought a comic book or trade that I would be able to download it for free as well.
- What don’t you like about digital comics?
Despite getting such a crisp image in digital format I find myself sometimes able to appreciate the artwork better on the printed page. I can’t explain why but it’s the reason I still pick some books up rather than go digital.
- Where do you see digital comics going from here?
In the digital world we live in I can’t imagine it doing anything other than growing and becoming more widely used.
- Who do you think we should look out for in digital comics?
I am LOVING Madéleine Flore’s ‘Help Us Great Warrior’ which is not only a feast for the eyes with its bright artwork but also an absolute joy to read!