32 Kills from Comichaus is the latest release for those who want to #DiscoverIndieComics on the Comichaus app – check out some thoughts!
A character-driven, high-octane, noir tale of manipulation, loyalty and revenge…. Hardly a word spoken in 30 Pages. 233 panels. And 32 Kills…
Co-created by Mike Garley (Writer) and Andy Clift (artist), with letters by Mike Stock, colour and grey washes by Nathan Ashworth, and cover art by Darick Robertson.
First Wow! goes to that front cover. Brilliantly setting the tone (and style) for the comic. The glare coming from those split 16 panels is amazing. I love the colouring too. There is more too it, the more you look. But those eyes….!
The story itself throws you in fast. With a brave 16 panels per page, you get a lot going on. Credit to the art team, because this was a mission.
What it wasn’t though, was a mission to read. The panels work their way along and carry you with it for the ride.
Our protagonist is on a mission, it looks to be a mission of revenge, and there are those who wish to stop her.
That really is it. Oh yes there are mini-plots going through, flashbacks and independent issues with various henchmen and the panel layout allows such storytelling without the story stalling.
The story itself flow amazingly well, I would love to get my hands on the script, as I just wonder at the sheer size it could be.
The action as she works her way through is excellent, it never varies and there are some excellent moments of timing – which again couldn’t be done with less panels.
This is a story that will have you hooked.
PS – Check out the one page prequel as well!
What is the App?
The Comichaus App is an app that is dedicated to indie comics. For a subscription fee of £3 a month (£30 a year) you can:
* Get access to stream and discover all the indie comics in our catalogue
* Save as many of the comic books offline as your device storage will allow
* Search by title, creator, genre and publisher
* Discover more about creators
* Support creators – 50% of advert and subscription revenue will be split with creators based on how many times their books are read
Will it work on my device?
The Comichaus App will work on Apple/iOS devices listed here, and Android/Amazon handsets and tablets running android version 4.4 and above.
Why is it a Subscription fee AND Adverts?
We wanted to create a model that was beneficial to the creators/publishers and one that would also be self sustaining. The adverts on the app are non intrusive but will mean we can generate income to go back to the creators and publishers, whilst also covering the running costs of the app itself. Members can opt for the £5 a month ‘No Ads’ subscription if they wish
Can I get my content on the App?
Anyone can contribute to the Comichaus database. Whether you want to add/amend data on your favourite mainstream books – or you are an indie creator/publisher wanting to add your own
For any new additions simply go to the top right hand corner of this page and click ‘add to database’. Once this database listing is approved your comic book can be uploaded to the Comichaus App. Help page here!
If you have any queries regarding your content and
acceptablility please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy
Newest updates to App include:
– Added skim – functionality to easily navigate comics
– Improved the Browse section experience
– Expanded Dashboard section content
– Bug fixes and general improvements
1. Download the App
2. Log in to your comichaus.com account, or if it is your first time create a new account
3. You get 14 days Free when you first use the app. Once that runs out…..
4.On your dashboard menu select ‘App’ and then ‘Manage Subscription’ or click this link
5. Subscribe or Enter your code if you have one
7. If you have another code you can use it when current one runs out