GlobalComix has updated and released a new version of their online digital comics reader.
GlobalComix today announced a completely new digital reader that was rebuilt from the ground up with three goals in mind: performance, intuitiveness, and mobile gesture support. The new reader also improves the vertical reading experience -- especially on mobile devices -- and introduces new features to give users more information about the comic they're viewing within the reading experience.
The update includes:
- General reading experience: the vertical layout has been completely rewritten, including support for browser-native pan-zoom-pinch
- Improved reader settings: an option to always use the vertical reader layout, and customization options for image spacing and header display
- Comic info panel: a new “series info” pane that lists all the meta-data for the comic and all the available releases for easy back-and-forth navigation
- Crowdfinder integration: comics that have a crowdfunding campaign active now display the details at the top of the reader
- Footer credits & suggested comics: credits to the creator/publisher, as well as suggestions for other comics the user might like, are displayed at the bottom of the comic
There looks to be some excellent integrations here – and some good ideas for new additions. It’s good to see the continued development of the platform and I look forward to seeing what else is to come.
Full details can be found here: https://globalcomix.com/news/details/177/announcing-globalcomix-reader-v3